Thursday, October 7, 2010

Falling In Love With Food Again

In the midst of panicking about the 8 additional pounds (I'm 5'2" and it is totally noticeable!) I am carrying around, I totally forgot that I love food. I used to make love to my over easy eggs, dipping the bread oh so carefully in the spiced yolk. Lately, after a seeing a nutritionist, I am stuffing chicken breasts and salad down my throat in hopes of sticking to a meal plan that is all about deprivation rather than decadence.

Well, the meal plan can shove it (a nutritionist is not for me). I am going back to my basic food beliefs, eating like a "French woman," savoring each bite like it is my last, and proving all the fun-sucking diets out there that you can be fit and eat fabulous.

When I was pondering ditching the diet this morning, I found this great article that summed up exactly what I was thinking (I love when that happens). The author believes we eat the way we live and our relationship to food is an exact reflection of our deeply held beliefs about ourselves and the amount of joy, abundance, pain and scarcity we believe we have (or are allowed) to have in our lives. Well said!

No comments: